Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions will, by reference, be incorporated into and made part of any order submitted through DOT Operating Authority, INC. and/or its affiliated company #1 A BOC-3 Filing Inc. (hereby referred to as “Company”).
This is a contract between the Company and any customers (hereby referred to as the “Customer”) who use commercial motor vehicles, including motor carriers, brokers, and freight forwarders. This contract also includes the customer’s authorized agents, as provided by the Company.
The Company may, at any time and with or without notice, change these terms and conditions. The Company shall not be held liable or responsible for any losses due to being unable to fulfill the agreement in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
1. The Company is federally accredited, as seen from its listing on the official FMCSA website. It is a certified blanket process agent with designated agents in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia (hereby referred to as the “Agent”).
3. The Customer must submit their order for a BOC-3 filing online through the Company’s automated system and provide us with current and valid contact information. The Company will file the BOC-3 form with the FMCSA as soon as it receives the order, and will provide a copy of the BOC-3 form to the Costumer in pdf format. We will provide you with a printed copy upon request. If the Customer requests a BOC-3 filing for their MX number, payment will be conducted via email and processed manually.
4. In the event that the Agent is served with a legal or any other document addressed to the Customer, they will use whatever contact information the Customer has provided to relay that document to them. The Company will first attempt to contact the Customer via email. If the Customer does not respond in a timely manner, then the Company will make a phone call to follow-up. If the first two methods are not effective, then the Company will send certified mail (requiring a signature for receipt) to reach the Customer.
5. The Customer must submit a payment when making an online order for a BOC-3 form. The payment is non-refundable.
6. When the Agent conveys the content of the documents or papers addressed to the Customer, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer’s payment method on file. The amount of the charge will vary depending on the state the documents or papers were received in.
7. If the Customer does not make a payment or have the willingness to do so, the Company reserves the right to decline the order. The Company may cancel any order at any time for any reason.
8. By submitting an order, the Customer authorizes the Company to charge their valid credit or debit card on file. In addition, the Customer recognizes that this authorization will remain effective until full payment has been collected by the Company.
9. The Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order a Customer places when a service listed on the Company’s website has an incorrect price, whether due to a typographical or pricing error.
10. Whether or not the Company has confirmed the order or the Customer’s valid credit card has been charged, the Company reserves the right to cancel these orders. In the event that the Customer’s account is charged for a purchase before the Company cancels the order, the Company will issue a credit to the card for the amount of the charge.
11. Once the Agent accepts documents or papers on behalf of the Customer, the service is considered properly served and completed and the correspondence legally delivered to the Costumer. As outlined in point 4 of these terms and conditions, the Company will make a reasonable effort to convey the content of the papers or documents received to the Costumer. However, it is the Customer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with and understand the contents of those papers or documents. The Customer understands and accepts that this is their responsibility.